This box was a box that was being thrown away and I asked if I could have it. This was a very easy project that took me 3 days.
First, I primed the box with Kilz2 latex.
Since many of my scrapbook storage containers are hot pink and dark purple, I used Delta Ceramcoat acrylic paint Purple as the base paint coat. I used two coats of this paint and used the majority of the bottle.
I then chose a heavier double sided paper from Webster's pages and cut to fit all around the outside of the box. I only had to use 1 sheet of the paper. It went on very easily and there were no bubbles.
Finally, I found some Webster Page's embellishments and floral jewels to decorate the front of the box.
I also put one coat of Mod Podge on the outside of the box, but I'm not sure that this last step is necessary.